In my search for a worthwhile recipe to do with turkey without ending with a very dry turkey, I decided to mix turkey breast with veggies adding some coconut milk to keep it juicy and tasty. This turkey stir fry dish combines turkey, curry, peppers, onions, coconut milk. The best part is that you can have it with rice, a garden salad or just by itself.
Start with The Veggies
Then add curry and turkey
Last add coconut milk
And voila my Curry Turkey Stir Fry is ready in less then 1 hour. Bon Appetit!
Print the recipe below and take it with you to the grocery store for dinner later.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red and green bell peppers
- 1 large bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pound turkey breast (or chicken) diced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) salt free diced tomatoes
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup coconut milk
- cooked spaghetti Zucchini
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; add coconut oil and allow it to melt. Add onions, pepper, and bay leaf. Toss for about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds.
- Add the curry powder, thyme, and tomato paste. Stir vigorously to blend with the curry and tomato paste. Fry for about 3 minutes, then add the turkey, diced tomatoes, and apple sauce. Stir to combine, then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cook covered for 20-30 minutes until sauce has a thick texture.
- Add the coconut milk; stir to combine and heat through.
- Serve on top of spaghetti zucchini.